ACEM CPD Program
- FAQ - PDF Downloadable version
- Where do I find the activity guide and the list of procedural skills?
- Where do I record my activities?
- How do I record an activity?
- What if my activity is not found in the drop down menu?
- Why does my Activity drop-down library have so few activities to select from?
- When I'm recording my Procedural Skills, I can't find my hospital/site. How do I add it?
- How do I attach a file to my activity?
- How do I record my Professional Development Plan?
- How do I link an activity to my Professional Development Plan (PDP)?
I work in non-clinical practice; how do I complete the annual Measuring Outcomes requirement?
Activities in this category are undertaken with the aim of reviewing and improving organisational practice within an individual, workplace or wider context. Outcome measures may centre on the individual’s practice, as in a professional practice review, the workplace, as in routine monitoring through regular M&M meetings, or through projects designed to investigate broader aspects of Emergency Medicine and to promote practice improvement and enhanced patient outcomes.
This is a quality improvement process that includes review (internal or external) of a doctor’s everyday work and resultant patient/health outcomes. The doctor can then analyse, reflect on and use the information gathered to develop their practice and identify professional development needs, with a view to improving patient care and health outcomes.
Activities in this category may include:
Measuring Outcomes (≥12.5 hours annually)
Review of data
Individual/team and comparative data
Benchmark performance against data sets
Cases, critical incidents, safety & quality reviews
Review of medical record
Documentation and Communication
Peer review of performance
Quality improvements and Root Cause Analysis